[ubuntu-art] LAUNCHPAD: ArtworkTeam

Mark Shuttleworth mark at canonical.com
Mon May 29 21:41:02 BST 2006

Billy wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 21:31 +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
>> Viper550 wrote:
>>> Yeah! Let's get this new, improved, and now mentioned show on the road!
>> OK. During UDS-Paris in June we can draft up:
>>
>>  - an art team governance plan (roles, responsibilities, appointments
>> for Edgy)
>>  - a plan of record for Human, Tangerine and perhaps one other
>> community-driven theme
>>
>> Mark
>
> perhaps one other? What happened to
>
> *"For edgy, I will just ignore everyone who sends in their own
> favourite artwork. That is not constructive. What is constructive is
> to identify two or three clear, distinct theme styles, and then build
> teams to polish those up slowly through the course of the release
> ccle, with weekly uploads, to the point where they are really classy
> by the time you get to release."*
>
> Either I misunderstood you before, or I'm not understanding now....or
> both? I suspect the community-driven part has something to do with it?
> Help!? :-)

Billy - there needs to be a clear governance process. Part of that will
be the appointment of people to lead one, or two, community driven
themes, as Tangerine was led in Dapper. Basically, I will be expecting
art team members to chip in and help get those themes to completion and
not to arbitrarily throw in "cute but totally incomplete" images.

In other words, we need to pick a few specific battles to fight, then
get organised into battalions to go and fight them.

Mark