[ubuntu-art] Re: Urgent: Themes and Icons

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at gmail.com
Mon May 29 19:18:29 BST 2006

Somebody else should verify this as I'm testing them on Breezy and
they may be clashing with previous versions I have installed, but the
theme descriptions in Theme Preferences look a bit messed up:

Dapper-Drake: No description

Gray: Uses 'minimalistic' which (correct me if I'm wrong) is not a
word. I suggest 'minimalist.' (Although the Mist theme which is there
by default in Breezy uses minimalistic as well)

IndustrialTango: reads "An elegant and very efficient theme, using
renamed 'clearlooks' window bord" at that point the text goes off the
end of the window. I don't think it's necessary to talk about renamed
clearlooks window borders in the one line theme description. Suggest
cutting it to just: "An elegant and very efficient theme." (although
that isn't very descriptive, not much use to anyone trying to choose a
theme, but the same could be said for many of the descriptions).

Resilience: No description.

Silicon: "A clean theme to be easy on the eyes." Looks like there's a
word missing here, suggest: "A clean theme meant to be easy on the
eyes."

Again, this should be confirmed by someone with a clean set of themes
using dapper.

Also I got missing icons for a bunch of the themes. This is probably
because I'm using breezy, but someone on dapper should test it anyway.