[ubuntu-art] Human or Tangerine for Dapper by default?

Julian Oliver julian at selectparks.net
Sat May 27 00:07:37 BST 2006

..on Fri, May 26, 2006 at 09:57:33AM -0400, Jean Pierre Rupp wrote:
> I must say I downloaded today the new artwork upgrade, and the Human
> icons have polished the few rough edges there were. Now it looks much
> better. They've done a great work indeed.

i'd say it's 90% there for sure - it does look great.

that said there are still many 'alien' icons in the set that do add some
noise to the artwork overall (laptop AC/bat icon and 'support' icons for instance).
similarly panel icon placement is obviously a bit poor (look at the
logout button for instance, it's not 'centered' - a pixel or two away from the top
of the panel).

considering where Ubuntu was 6 weeks ago however, it's a gigantic improvement.

congrats all!

julian