[ubuntu-art] Artwork vote results

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Tue May 23 13:49:12 BST 2006

Who wrote:
> All thorugh this process it was discussed that we were choosing 5
> themes, and there was no discussion of weighting of votes - why was
> there such a sudden change?
OK, So looking back at this post:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-art/2006-April/001216.html

we see that there was talk of two external and three art-team-made
themes or vice versa.  Unfortunately this distinction was not carried
clearly forward. We now how a mix of both, right?

It wasn't a sudden change as much as sudden action (with possible flaws)
in the lack of any other decisive action. When we are on a time-based
release things have to be structured in a certain way. When the project
leads ask for a decision by a certain date (May 15th in this case) then
a decision needs to be delivered on that day (give a day or two of slack
perhaps), otherwise decisions will be taken by other members of the
projects, possibly less well informed. The themes were generally ready,
and so there was no good reason for delaying them other than an
indecision on the selection.

> So
> Who is doing the packaging? What does the Art-Team need to do? Gray,
> afaik has no metatheme yet - does it need to be done (I can do it
> tonight if it isn't already assigned to someone)?
That would be great, though I'm suspecting that eve that is cutting it a
bit short.

- Henrik