[ubuntu-art] Voting for Dapper Themes

Viper550 gthompson at cogeco.ca
Mon May 22 14:36:57 BST 2006

Who wrote:
> On 5/22/06, Henrik Nilsen Omma <henrik at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Viper550 wrote:
>> > Question, can we vote for ourselves?
>> I don't have a problem with that.  I'll do a rudimentary check for gross
>> ballot stuffing though (IOW that people don't vote more than once).
>>
>> - Henrik
>>

> Thanks for doing that, but I think that Billy's forum was a better,
> more open idea - I doubt anyone would try to cheat the system, but on
> a forum it is clear who has voted for what.
>
> I emailed kiko (Launchpad Administrator) quite a few days ago, he has
> the details of the themes poll and has promised to set it up when he
> gets time.
>
> However, I think we should go ahead with voting on the forum - it can
> be done now, it is open, scrutinisable and fair.

Let's just get this over with already, and I have a great idea: Maybe we
should all go on IRC (specifically the ubuntu-art channel), someone
bring a pen and paper (or similar), and we can all vote together there!
That's how they did elections back in the days, before the advent of the
secret ballot system. As people voted, the votes were announced to the
people awaiting results (and preparing to vote).

Viper550