[ubuntu-art] Deadline for community art: May 15

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Fri May 5 10:16:03 BST 2006

On 5/5/06, Mark Shuttleworth <mark at canonical.com> wrote:
>  Hi guys
>
>  TEN DAYS! I'd like to set Monday 15 May 10am UTC as the deadline for a
> decision from the art team as to:
>
>   - two or three "external" themes (from Gnome-Look, for example)
>   - two or three "internal" themes (from this team)
>
>  For a total of FIVE themes.

Can I just clear up whether a 'theme' means:
 * GTK theme,
 * A combination of a Metacity theme, GTK theme and an icon theme
 * the above with a whole collection of other artwork?

Would it be sensibe to use the main-forums for voting on themes, as
more people would have input?

Less essentially, will these be in a package called
'ubuntu-extra-themes' or the like, or will they be packaged
separately. If so, will installing the .deb apply the theme (and, if
it exists, the other artwork)? I was toying with the idea of writing a
script to apply all the parts of the IndustrialInspirate theme at once
- I don't yet know how possible it will be...Any ideas/comments?

Who