[ubuntu-art] Theme update: HeatedGraphite -> Silicon-0.2

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen kamstrup at daimi.au.dk
Mon Mar 27 16:15:35 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 02:32 +0200, Daniel Borgmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is turning out quite well, but please don't use the contrast
> option.

Done.

> ... since you use a dark
> selection color for text, you should probably also make the text on
> menus white for better contrast (or make the background on selected
> menu items even lighter.

I darkened the menu highlighting a wee bit, and made the prelighted text
white (matching text+list selections and progressbars).

> I'd personally prefer a lighter text
> selection color all around).

I use the dark selection to make it stand out from the selection color
in unfocused windows. However I've changed it a bit now...

> Regarding your metacity theme, I kinda like the red highlight on the
> close button with this colorscheme. The overlay expands one pixel too
> far to the left though and if it covers the borders on the left and
> right, it should also cover the borders at the top and bottom. You
> should always check these kind of things with xmag. :)
>
> For consistency sake I would also suggest to drop the separator line
> on inactive windows, unless that's a feature you feel strongly about.
> Oh and shaded windows are still round, you probably want to change
> that. One more thing: You use the old version of the icons without a
> dark outline. It isn't very noticeable since the background is dark as
> well, but I would still suggest to use the new pixmap icons. I've
> attached you a version based on the latest (and hopefully final) work
> in progress with squared corners and your red-button hack, hopefully
> you'll find it useful.

I've used your attached metacity theme as is. The outlined icons looks a
tad better.

> BTW, I also posted a monochrome version of Human here some time ago:
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-artwork/+bug/34796

I like the slightly brown color on your progressbars, I am trying to do
something similar. I'm pretty into the dry silicon like feel atm so I'm
using a more desaturated brown (some would call it gray I guess :D).

> Daniel

Thanks a ton for the extensive feedback - and the
metacity-theme-fix-not-to-forget! I hope you will notice that your
opinion has influenced the next release.

Cheers,
Mikkel