[ubuntu-art] Science Icons

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 23:53:56 GMT 2006

Hi guys

My apologies if this post is off-topic. I have prepared about 50
new .desktop files for some universe science packages [1]. The problem
is, about 90% of them don't have icons. Does anyone have any suitable
icons they could spare, or ideas on where to get some which would be
in-keeping with the default theme?

Because finding 50 app-specific icons is pretty unlikely, it'd be enough
if we could just cover the following categories with generic icons:

 * Astronomy
 * Biology
 * Chemistry
 * Electronics
 * Geology/Cave Exploration
 * Maths
 * Physics

I've created a few icons myself, but they're pretty appalling [2].

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Thanks

Phil

[1] http://tauware.de/pipermail/ubuntu-science/2006-March/000101.html
[2] http://philbull.googlepages.com/ubuntuscience