[ubuntu-art] Ooo splash redesign for dapper

Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Mon Mar 20 12:46:19 GMT 2006

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:56:53 +0000
Who <mailforwho at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 3/20/06, Jon Lopez <jonlopez at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey, this is my first post to this list so i'm not sure if this is the right
> > email address.
> > Anyway, I agree the first one is very nice. I would use the darker brown for
> > the "2.0.2" and the birds on top of " Openoffice.org" I think that would
> > look even better.
> > Also, wouldn't it be nice if OO.o used the human or tango icons? The same
> > goes for every application (Firefox, etc...).
> >  Apparently Jimmac is working on Tango icons for OO.o :
> > http://jimmac.musichall.cz/i.php?i=Tango-OOo
>
> Yea, but how dow we get them? do we have to suck them out of SUSE CVS?

I'd have a chat with Jakub about it, especially since he states on his site where you can find the icons that they are not all free to use. I would imagine that the OpenOffice icons, since they are very tango-styled, are under the CC by-sa license, though I'd check nontheless, and he could probably save you from getting them from SUSE CVS. :)

Kind regards,
Pascal