[ubuntu-art] A call for icons: gnome-accessibility-theme

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Sun Mar 19 18:15:39 GMT 2006

Jakub Steiner wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> the archive above contains both the adobe illustrator source files and
> svgs exported with Adobe Illustrator 9. It uses viewbox parameter for
> the canvas which causes trouble for some renderers and has weird
> scaling. For the new "proper" theme I suggest using a 48x48px target
> size (so some cut'n'pasting is required).

Ok, so they all open just fine in inkscape and can then be saved with
the correct settings. Trouble is I don't know enough about icons to tell
exactly what those settings should be. Could anyone give advice on this?

We still need more icons of this type as well. I guess we should aim to
fill every name tag on this page: http://daniel.holba.ch/ubuntu/ic/

Should we just build a High viz Tango set and then add the extra ones on
top of that? It would be cool to create a Tango set that could be used
by other groups, including apps, and take on a life of its own.

- Henrik