[ubuntu-art] A call for icons: gnome-accessibility-theme

Jakub Steiner jimmac at novell.com
Fri Mar 17 17:54:05 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 17:22 +0000, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> Jakub Steiner wrote:
> > The gnome-themes module, where the icons reside, only includes bitmaps.
> > There are also some, in my view, not so well executed icons contributed
> > by Sun folks there. If anybody wants to step in and create a nice high
> > contrast set based on the original artwork, possibly following the new
> > naming scheme, I have tared up the icons here -
> > http://jimmac.musichall.cz/stuff/high-contrast.tar.bz2. The icons are
> > LGPL. I will be happy to contribute extending such a set, but do not
> > have time to set up the infrastructre and everything.
> >
> Hi Jakub - do you have the original Illustrator vector images? Would
> it be possible to write them out in SVG format do you think?

Hi Mark,
the archive above contains both the adobe illustrator source files and
svgs exported with Adobe Illustrator 9. It uses viewbox parameter for
the canvas which causes trouble for some renderers and has weird
scaling. For the new "proper" theme I suggest using a 48x48px target
size (so some cut'n'pasting is required).

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac at novell.com>