[ubuntu-art] some artwork.

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 19:36:23 GMT 2006

I strongly agree with Étienne that Ubuntu art should be consistent and
polished and not feel like a patchwork. If people want to pick and
grab art from all over for their desktop they will do so, and create
what I think is an ugly desktop.

But I really like this wallpaper you have made.

The bright orange and blue bubbles are certainly a little
controversial if they were ever to be taken on as a default theme or
anything, but then Ubuntu's whole brown thing has always been
controversial, and I like that. Besides, I think the oranges at least
are taken from the Ubuntu palette?

I really like the brown texture in the back. I like the way it feels
like an actual, real surface, a bit like wood or a painting. That's
more in-line with the 'human' theme idea than Ubuntu's current default
background with its abstract swirls. Also, though I've only had your
background on my desktop for a few minutes so far, I prefer looking at
something that is like a surface over something amorphous like the
default background.

I suppose it may be an issue that the bubbles could be mistaken for buttons...