[ubuntu-art] Quick Update

Mark Shuttleworth mark at canonical.com
Mon Jun 26 21:15:07 BST 2006

Travis Watkins wrote:
> On 6/26/06, Mark Shuttleworth <mark at canonical.com> wrote:
> [huge snip]
>
> Just wondering: _are_ there any published guidelines and/or colour
> palettes for the Human icon set? If there are, are they being
> followed? One or both of these questions appears to be have "no" as an
> answer.
No, there's no published guideline, and fixing that should be our first
step. Human was created over a series of phone calls between me, Dave
(from the company that did the design work), Daniel Holbach, Jeff Waugh
and Jane Silber.

We can continue to retain Dave's professional services and put them at
Frank's disposal. As Artist-in-chief for Edgy I would expect Frank to
coordinate this work. Michiel would be a great person to have on that
team, identifying inconsistencies and extracting guidelines from the
decisions that have been taken already.

I'm happy to sit in on the first few calls just to get the ball rolling.

Mark