[ubuntu-art] Launchpad updates

Niel Drummond niel at cyanescent.co.uk
Sun Jun 25 14:41:07 BST 2006

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:13:20 +0100
Mark Shuttleworth <mark at canonical.com> wrote:

> Niel Drummond wrote:
> > a) Launchpad names are of the form "ubuntu-art-mydescription"
> >
> Since the specs are attached to the ubuntu distro, there's no need for
> the ubuntu- part of those names. Just art-mydescription would do!

Do you know if it is a scheduled improvement to Launchpad to have spec
names changeable after creation ?

> The dependency means "that must be finished before work can BEGIN on
> this one".

ok, I misunderstood dependencies defined in this way -- they are
probably less relevant to the artistic specs, unless there is an
overriding technical issue towards implementation.

I was thinking more in an Object Oriented way -- a spec is a "subclass"
of another, and retains some or all of the properties of its
"parent"... and as such, a parent spec cannot become completed until all
of its sub-children are finished too. Does that make sense in a
workflow environment, or am I speaking gibberish?

- Niel Drummond