[ubuntu-art] Art and the membership process

Mark Shuttleworth mark at canonical.com
Fri Jun 23 21:26:33 BST 2006

Étienne Bersac wrote:
> Do you mean that ubuntu-art on launchpad will loss every non core team
> members ? And let's involved contributors being recognize before joining
> the team ?

I think the best implementation will be:

 - create the "art council" (the folks to whom we will delegate this)
 - create an "ubuntu-artist-members" team in launchpad, and make that a
member of ubuntumembers
 - have a special meeting of the CC to make the existing substantial and
sustained contributors to ubuntu art members, if they are not already
 - ask the art council to continue to add members to the
ubuntu-artist-members team over time, reporting to the CC when they do so

BTW we have had great conversations with the developers and with Troy,
Frank and Ken in Paris, so I'm excited about how we will start Edgy with
a much clearer view on what needs doing, and who is responsible for what!

Mark