[ubuntu-art] Idea regarding themes

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Jun 21 18:40:16 BST 2006

On 6/21/06, Who <mailforwho at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'm sure you've considered these but:
> As for replacing non-exact colours - you culd just apply a uniform hue
> shift to all the colours, or simply provide users with a list of all
> the colours in a collection of SVGs and let them remap them manually,
> replacing a colour at a time...
>
> Sounds cool!

Thanks for the encouragement...

I've been playing with this and I'm not too excited with the results.
It seems to work ok for colors where any color element (one of RGB) is
not too close to either FF or 00. However, if you want to shift all
colors darker by 33 and you have #996600 then what do you do?

I'm doing some experimenting with color adjustments, but I don't think
it's going to be feasible. Computers programs (or more specifically,
my computer programs) just aren't smart enough about putting colors
together in a way that looks good to people.

Besides, I think its more likely that individual color replacement
would be useful and functional. The question is, what do you do if you
have an image where multiple parts are the same color, but you want
one region's color to change but not another?

I'll get a working prototype together and send it out for interested
parties to experiment with. I don't think I'll get to touch this again
until Thursday eve though.
--
Matthew Nuzum
www.bearfruit.org