[ubuntu-art] Re: Andreas - DEV CYCLE: TARGETS

Billy Billy at cozyteapot.com
Sat Jun 10 22:04:40 BST 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 21:52 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:

> Billy wrote:

> >>Thomas Wood (of art.gnome.org fame) and myself started this some time
> >>ago, but we had to put it on ice, as we both got hooked up in other
> >>projects. This is just a rough start and it can be totally improved.
> >>http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/PlusPack
> >>- Andreas
> >>

> > A complete Tango/Tangerine would be nice before venturing out. As long
> > as it takes, I don't see how anyone could suggest other icon themes,
> > especially after having icon themes cut from us on dapper. Lets keep
> > it realistic and managable. Completing the already mentioned 2 or 3
> > will be more than enough. Don't lower the quality by added more, when
> > more than 3 isn't even an option and Mark wants 2 before attempting 3.
> > -Billy
>
> This is not the regular wild and crazy 1000+ icon-sets. I´m talking of
> sets with 4-5 icons, tops. They would of course be in tango-style in
> order to blend in with the rest of the desktop. This would not have to
> go into main, but could live in universe instead to save space on the
> install cd.
> I totally agree with you that something like this will be a bit further
> down the priority list, but if someone feels like doing it on their
> spare time, that would be kind of cool. Personally I´ll be  putting all
> my efforts on Tango (mostly application icons and probably a complete
> tangofication of a couple of apps) for this release.
> - Andreas

Hey, I'm all for more. More can be better. I didn't think full icon
themes was the idea, but neither did I think 4-5 tops. That's pretty
pointless too. You'd have to get that to 10-20 for the concept to be
effective. Other than that and the contraints put on the team by Mark, I
think it's a great idea.