[ubuntu-art] More Rough Sketches

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Fri Jul 28 18:46:43 BST 2006

On vr, 2006-07-28 at 19:29 +0200, Jan Claeys wrote:

> Palette shifting wasn't CPU-intensive on a 33 MHz i486, so it probably
> wouldn't even be noticeable on any hardware that can run an Ubuntu
> desktop.  Also, it's not dependent on the size of the logo.

I did some early experiments with it a while ago with a fullscreen
changing screen and it wasn't the fastest in the world. Probably due to
the fact that it was a 2 minute hack though ;)

> (At least, I suppose the idea was to use this instead of a progress bar
> in usplash, right?)

I don't know what he had in mind but I think a rotating logo could
combine with a throbber/progress bar quite well.
--
Dennis K.

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.