[ubuntu-art] art.ubuntu.com

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Fri Jul 14 15:02:21 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 12:27 +0200, Niel Drummond wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:18:54 +0100
> Martin Owens <doctormo at postmaster.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Maybe if we don't want to provide a community type art page as
> > described we could link to the gnome-look pages for people to put
> > their wallpapers up there. they have a much better set of tools for
> > dealing with anonymous submissions.
>
> I agree. If I remember correctly, the argument was that art.ubuntu.org
> was a "lesser" version of the existing gnome-look project, and a great
> deal of submissions ended up there.
>
> AFAIK AUC is being revamped (by Matthew Nuzum maybe?)

The server AUC is on is getting re-organized, but the content won't go
away.

I spoke with Troy (troy_s) and Pascal (klepas) who are stake-holders on
that server. I think the reason the notice is there is because there
were too few  site-admins handling the queue of incoming art.

The site is actually immensely busy with over 5000 page views per day in
June. My personal feeling is that while some artists want to help out
with specs and themes, some just want to submit wall-paper options and
this site is a good artistic outlet.

However if no one is available to be admins then redirecting people to
gnomelook may be the only option.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode