[ubuntu-art] Logo Help Needed

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Thu Jul 13 15:49:37 BST 2006

I've been working on the bzr website. I'm not a true artist, but I can
fake it OK. I'm using the tango color palette. The current website
didn't use a logo, but one existed already (I didn't know about it
though). While creating the website I became inspired and made the
"merge" logo attached. I've also attached the "branch" logo.

Both are good, but each have a problem. The merge logo was created by
tracing a bmp of a merge sign. Therefore it looks "lumpy." The branch
logo is a little too thin to be used as an icon or in areas where the
image needs to be small. Plus it doesn't use the tango palette, but
that's easy to fix.

I could really use a little help if someone has some time before the end
of the weekend. If anyone wants to touch up either of these logos,
recreate either of them or even create something from scratch, it would
be 100% welcome.

I've attached a png and a link to the svg if you feel inspired to help
out. I don't want this to be a big deal, so just contact me separately
if you want and are able to help.

Here's the SVG: http://newz.gotdns.com/tmp/bzr/BazaarLogoOptions.svg
(For some reason the branch doesn't show up when viewed in firefox, but
its there when you open it in Inkscape)

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode