[ubuntu-art] [Ponder] Fyre textures

Frank Schoep frank at ffnn.nl
Sat Jul 1 10:50:39 BST 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 01:24, Who wrote:
> Frank/Kennith: Is wikiing pages preferable to submitting to the mailing
> list?

Both are fine, although I prefer Wikiing because it saves me time. If you send
something good to the mailing list I will Wiki it myself and add it to the
relevant pages, but doing that yourself is fine with me, as long as it's
neatly tucked under /Artwork/Incoming.

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/FyreTextures
> These textures are made with fyre and gimp (to provide a browner backgroun)
>
> As we are in early stages I haven't spent ages on them (for example
> getting the colours just right), but they are very striking, and I
> think could work great on a splash, usplash, login screen and
> wallpaper

Great, thanks for your entry, this is what we're aiming for in the Ponder
phase. Troy showed me Fyre during the UDS in Paris and it produces a unique
style of artwork. I'm not sure yet if it produces the kind of artwork we'd
want in the Human style by default because it is kind of abstract,
mathematical and "clean", but it could sure be a good base for a theme.

I added the Fyre textures to the Ponder submissions on the Wiki:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/EdgyArtworkPlan/Ponder

Sincerely,

Frank