[ubuntu-art] Human emblem icons proposal

Ivan Sagalaev Maniac at SoftwareManiacs.Org
Tue Dec 12 05:30:17 GMT 2006

kriekounet wrote:
> With the last Ubuntu release, Human icons have been enhanced with new
> emblems which are really nice. Unfortunately, the more I use them, the
> less I enjoy them. The thing that annoy me is, they are not very
> colorful and are all circular, which makes them all looking like each
> others. (see edgy_emblems.png)

You might be interested in https://launchpad.net/bugs/73023
This is exactly the same issue. Could you attach your proposal there also?

> It is composed of brand new icons I created by
> myself (paintbrush with palette, shared, documents), and it is also
> composed of adapted icons coming from Tango (web, package, music) and
> Human theme (multimedia).

For me this is very very good. However many people as well as author of
current set make a good point about all emblems to have some common
feature distinguishing emblems from other icons. I once proposed to keep
the orange circle behind them but keep it smaller to not encircle the
whole icon. Till now I've failed to create a mock-up but now I think
I''ll make something based on your set.