[ubuntu-art] art.ubuntu.com

Brandon Holtsclaw imbrandon at kubuntu.org
Mon Aug 21 22:25:12 BST 2006

> Has there been a consensus as to what is going to happen with this
> site?
> I think at the very least the "welcome" message should be modified to
> simply say something like, "You can also find more art at ..." and
> then
> have the submission page explain wither new art is being accepted.

Sure that can be one easy , I'll change that in a few moments

> If it is decided not to add more artwork at least doing the above will
> get the current artwork up above the fold.
>
> Still, I was hoping we'd modify the system so that more artwork
> could be
> added; seems to be a popular place.

Sure New artwork will be accepted at some point in the very near
future , as Troy has pointed out before we're working on a place
( via the art staging site atm untill its ready for public
consumption ) that the art teams can work collaborate easier on
"release" art ( probably for the edgy+1 release ) and also a
community art section that has the current type stuff thats not
targeted to be included in the releases as is the content now , kinda
a show case if you will for the art community with automatic
thumbnaling etc , I'll shoot you ( already need to update troy in the
loop ) with the info on the staging area off list this evening when i
get home.

> If some resources are needed that I can help provide, please let me
> know.

Nope I think you have me setup with all the needed tools afaik but
I'll keep that in mind.

On that note I would like some input from the community about any
features that would like to see in the "general community submition
area" , you know where cool new wallpapers and themes you upload are
put that arent intended to be "official" artwork. Are there things
you like/dislike about gnome/kde-look.org sites ? etc etc etc I'm not
talking the colours or layout of the page per se but more of the
"features" like ability to search , ability to put a summary
paragraph , abaility to search by author , etc etc etc

Caio !
Brandon
--
Brandon Holtsclaw