[ubuntu-art] [REQUEST] Sound designers?

Peter Savage petesavage at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 1 22:23:34 BST 2006

On 01/08/06, Niklas Weidel <weidel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Somehow I get a sort of "dated" feeling from most of those. They are very
> 90's OS type, and the sounds are a bit FM synthesis dated-feel as well. I
> might be nitpicking, but I'd like for Ubuntu to have something truly new and
> much more organic and vivid. My 5 cents.

5 cents????
I normally only accept 2 :p

I'm all up for vivid and organic, give me some examples of what you mean and
I'll try for it.  Vivid and organic can mean totally different things to
different people.  Dictionary definitions do not apply in peoples
perceptions.  If you can find some examples, that'd be great!

I'm open to ideas, if all else fails we have some fall back sounds.

--
Pete Savage - cbx33::silentk
wiki.ubuntu.com/PeteSavage