[ubuntu-art] tangerine

bvc bvcmdk at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 21 04:35:48 BST 2006

Andreas Nilsson <nisses.mail at home.se> wrote: bvc wrote:
>  On top of that, Tango is not 'complete' as people expect, in the
> insane 300 to 500 icon's in an icon theme gnome world.
Oops, forgot to answer this part...
Our goal is not to make a theme with 500+ icons in it, because that is a
insane amount of icons and is more or less impossible to maintain. The
gnome-icon-theme maintainers have started doing this recently and are
making projects ship icons with the app instead and put in hicolor, that
a theme can then override, so we're taking the same approach for
tangerine, as both tangerine, tango and gnome-icon-theme is now
following the same style guidelines. Tangerine is currently including a
couple of application icons, but as soon as those are shipped with the
apps instead, they will be removed from the icon-theme.
- Andreas
That's what I said, and have said for years. Glad to see something done about it!