[ubuntu-art] distributor-logo

Lukas Sabota punkrockguy318 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 16 23:28:42 BST 2006

> One thing I did notice though, and this is somewhat off topic is that
> when one puts the mouse cursor over an icon a little pop-up comes up
> displaying firstly the application name and then it's description. The
> description part of Abiword is the same as the name of the application -
> "Abiword Word Processor". Maybe this should be altered to just "Simple
> Word Processor"?
>
> I know it's small, but hey, it looks out of place.

Or even better:  start the tooltip out with a verb.  I've filed bugs
against many packages that have poor tooltips.  All of the GNOME
tooltips start with verbs.  Perhaps a link to the fdo desktop file
standard should be added to the package creation section of the wiki?
That way people may actually think about these things before they upload
packages ;-)

God bless,
Lukas