[ubuntu-art] Tangerine Icon Request: Check-mark and Red-X

Sebastian Heinlein liste at pimpzkru.de
Sun Apr 9 21:25:54 BST 2006

Am Sonntag, den 09.04.2006, 22:14 +0200 schrieb Mikkel Kamstrup
Erlandsen:
> On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 21:21 +0200, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> > This is espicially obvious in Synaptic... The green Apply check-mark
> > icon is heavily pixelized - as is the red X in Cancel buttons. This just
> > looks totally out of place in between otherwise antialised icons.
> >
> > Since I've long ago realized that I suck at making icons, I just hope
> > that some one could do my eyes a favor ;-P
>
> Just to be precise, I'm talking about the stock_apply and stock_cancel
> icons.
>
> In a desperate attempt to change the situation myself, I've been
> grepping and browsing /usr/share/icons/{gnome,hicolor}, but have not
> found the relevant icons...
>
> Can anyone give me a hint as to where to look?
>
> Cheers
> Mikkel

They are inside the gtk library. Just add a gtk-apply, gtk-apply or
gtk-ok icon and it will be used instead of the hardcoded default icons.

But I don't know why there are no corresponding icons in the Tango theme
for the cancel, ok and apply button. I think that they are the most used
ones.

Sebastian