[ubuntu-art] comments and suggestions on Ubuntu's theming

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at laposte.net
Wed Apr 5 13:05:00 BST 2006

Hello,

You are completely right. This is a great pain in the ass for now.
Ubuntu ship nice piece of artwork, but noone fit correctly with each
others, neither usplash theme nor gdm login nor gnome-session splash
nor background nor gtk theme nor metacity theme, etc.

We are just fighting together to try to have consitent gtk+ and
metacity theme. I find this quite pathetic.

While Fedora and SuSE show professionnal artwork, Ubuntu ship
patchwork like those we see in many screenshots over the web.

I'm quite disappointed by the way the drake is becoming dapper :(

I wish that the growing number of comments like yours will change
artwork roadmap.

Étienne.