[ubuntu-art] Inconsistence of gradients and artwork colors

bvc bvcmdk at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 21:27:35 BST 2006

Henrik Nilsen Omma <henrik at ubuntu.com> wrote: Daniel Borgmann wrote:
> The problem is, that two rounded widgets glued together look very
> ugly. We avoid this everywhere else in the theme, like the comboboxes
> or treeview headers. So if we do rounded scrollbar sliders, I think we
> should do something different with the steppers. OS X and Vista only
> draw the arrows and no buttons for the steppers, which avoids the
> problem. It doesn't look great to me, but it's better than rounded
> buttons IMO. An alternative might be to just use a very small radius
> for the corners, which would look similar to Luna XP.

What about rounding the stepper concavely where it meets the scrollbar
so that the scrollbar fits into a small cavity? You would leave it
square at the top and bottom, away from the scrollbar.

  - Henrik
Can the engine make the scrollbar overlap the stepper w/o any issues? I haven't accomplished this with any other engine.