[ubuntu-art] Inconsistence of gradients and artwork colors

bvc bvcmdk at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 18:12:30 BST 2006

Mark Shuttleworth <mark at canonical.com> wrote:      These new mockups are smoother, rounder, but don't have the same glass effect that we have elsewhere on our buttons. Of the two, I prefer the one on the left, because while it is toned down it is still glassy.

 Mark
I'm sorry, I forgot to say...
http://kwh.kernow-gb.com/%7Ebvc/dapper-xubu/progressbar3.png
The metacity gradient was toned down to better match the button widgets. Though I had it toned down more, the current still looks better than the original, like clearlooks2. The progressbar on the right is copy and pasted from the metacity so techically is a much better match to the button widgets. It's just a bad color and too dark and saturated. Toned down, I do think the one on the left, more bubbly and rounded, looks quite nice though.
http://kwh.kernow-gb.com/~bvc/dapper-xubu/progress-scroll.png

Billy