[ubuntu-art] Wallpaper suggestion (category: realism)

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen kamstrup at daimi.au.dk
Mon Sep 26 08:48:57 CDT 2005

volvoguy wrote:

>On 9/26/05, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <kamstrup at daimi.au.dk> wrote:
>

>>The PNGs are transparent, so that you can choose the background color
>>yourself.
>>

>My only constructive criticism is that you
>should probably include the full Ubuntu logo on anything that you
>think you might want to make it into a release. (the "shore-right" PNG
>is missing the circle element).

Thanks for the quick reply!

I experimented with the circle of friends thing in the rocky_shore-right
image, but the orange colors looked out of place. The lozenged logo
looks nice, but has to be placed in the right part of the image (so that
the rounded end is inside the image), which means that the rocks must go
to the left (to keep balance). I originally intended the left part of
the image to be clear (ie. not contain the rocks), since any desktop
icons would appear here, but maybe it's not that bad anyway..?

>>PS: Is anyone working on calendar images?
>>

>I don't know if anyone is *actively* working on them...

I have been poking around with a few concept ideas, but have nothing
concrete atm... I'll post my ideas in a new mail...

Cheers
Mikkel Kamstrup

PS: Aaron, I send healing waves your way :-) I wish you and your mom a
speedy recovery!