[ubuntu-art] Wallpaper suggestion (category: realism)

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 08:28:02 CDT 2005

On 9/26/05, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <kamstrup at daimi.au.dk> wrote:

> The PNGs are transparent, so that you can choose the background color
> yourself.

Those are excellent! I especially like how the alpha transparency
worked out in these images. My only constructive criticism is that you
should probably include the full Ubuntu logo on anything that you
think you might want to make it into a release. (the "shore-right" PNG
is missing the circle element). Otherwise I give them two thumbs up...
oh wait... didn't a U.S. President get in trouble for that hand signal
because it means something bad in some parts of the world? Hmm... How
about... Five gold stars. :o)

> PS: Is anyone working on calendar images?

I don't know if anyone is *actively* working on them. The original
goal was to have our server live almost 3 months ago and have hundreds
to choose from at this point. Considering our our artwork deadline is
this Thursday, we all should probably try to make a big effort to
spend as much time as possible on IRC between now and then. If those
present can agree on (or work together to create) six calendar images,
that would be great! My only major commitment this week is looking
after my post-surgery mum (and that's easy once she takes her drugs).
:o)

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - http://www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu