[ubuntu-art] Managing art on art.ubuntu.com

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 03:15:12 CDT 2005

On 9/26/05, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <kamstrup at daimi.au.dk> wrote:

> Is there no way to manage something you've added to art.ubuntu.com? I'm
> looking for a way to do revisions/updates or just add new image
> formats... I assumed that this was possible since there's a "version"
> entry in the submission form.

I don't think we (or the art.gnome.org folks) have that functionality
yet, but I believe it's in the works. Our server guy (Hendrik) should
be back from vacation soon and he'll be able give a more definite
answer.

For now, if there's something immediate that needs to be done, I can
edit/delete entries via the admin account. I'm not sure of *the* best
way to go about things, but you could create a new entry with the new
version of your artwork and I could delete the old version. I honestly
haven't had a chance to do much of the admin stuff yet though, so your
best bet might be to try and catch Andrew (AndyFitz), myself and
Henrik (when he's back) in IRC to get a more educated answer.

Just so ya'll don't think I'm slacking... I *am* scheduled (yet again)
for another major back surgery on November 4th and I'm in enough pain
that I'm really just trying to keep myself drugged into
unconsciousness until that date. (how does the song go? "na na na na
na, na na na na na, I wanna be sedated."). On top of that, my mom just
had surgery for a torn rotator cuff and I'm the only one around to
take care of her - so I've been pretty sore and exhausted lately. My
feelings won't be hurt if another art team lead is chosen after
Breezy, but I'm hoping I'll get another shot at it when I'm back to
100% (which will probably take about a year). :-\

So now you know, and knowing is half the battle. ;-)

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - http://www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu