[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Lagoon ? for jdub probably

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 22:45:44 CDT 2005

On 10/3/05, Jeff Waugh <jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Our contracted artist, Cliff Chen, created the default backgrounds for 5.04
> and 5.10. We've discussed the use of more complex composition filters in the
> background display routines - we could do this in future releases with Cairo
> filters. We certainly won't get arbitrary layers and arbitrary composition
> filter selection, but we could get at least addition, subtraction, overlay,
> etc. Possibly doable in the dapper timeframe, but relatively unlikely (will
> require some work on both Cairo and the background display routines).

Good and good. :o) I still only have a small grasp of all the new(er)
technologies that will be making their way into Dapper, but they all
sound good to me. I also want to point out to you (and/or Cliff if he
reads the list) that I think all the artwork thus far has been
outstanding. I was just throwing in my highly medicated $.02.

> That said, where simple composition works, I fully endorse the use of this
> fantastic feature! </mayor-quimby> ;-)

You would have gotten more bonus points for quoting an Adult Swim
character, but the Simpsons is acceptable. :o)

Since we didn't get anything done in time for Breezy (except maybe
Andrew's icons, I keep missing him online), if we make friends with a
MOTU, would there by any problem with the team putting together an
unofficial "extra artwork" package in universe? Again, just curious.

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - http://www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu