[UBUNTU-ART] Um.. guys, Planet help? :)

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 08:30:35 CDT 2005

On 7/17/05, Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski <opi at cyb3r.org> wrote:

>   A little help here? I'm creating a Planet for Polish LoCo team, but I
> couldn't come up with a logo. Could someone please do something nicer?
> :P Everything's under temporary address: http://bronikowski.com/planet

There's at least one SVG background with an Ubuntu logo surrounding an
Earth graphic on my humble little website listed in my theme. You're
more than welcome to that. I could tweak it for you too if you have
any ideas.

Also, for anyone that has a Windows box around, I've spent hours
lately zooming around the globe with this open-source app that NASA
put out - http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/

I haven't done any design work with it's data yet, but I'm pretty sure
I read on their site that the program and it's data are either
open-source or free (as in beer) to use. Besides just being fun to
play with (yes, I have a lot of free time ATM), it's been very
educational for me. It's "3D enabled" (for lack of a better term), so
you can even "tilt" down until you're looking up at mountains from
ground level. I particularly liked flying around the Nile River and
looking at satelite-eye-view images of the Great Pyramids and other
such monuments. :o)

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu