[ubuntu-art] Metacity Idea

Viper550 gthompson at cogeco.ca
Wed Dec 7 17:31:42 GMT 2005

Ville Soak wrote:
> The buttons look like vista :S I don't like that. But I'm not a member of
> the art team (yet) too :)

Yes, they do look like Vista, but don't forget that we've been imitating
Windows for ages! Motif Window Manager and CDE kinda looks like the
Windows 3.1 interface, KDE 1.0 and 3.5 kinda looks like Windows 9x and
XP, and any theme that has a Minimize button, a Restore button, and an
Close button in that order are imitating Windows 9x and above! That
these days is the industry standard and we know it! Besides, Vista
buttons are all touching, on the theme it's the first 2, then a space,
then the exit button.

Viper550