Re: مشروع دفع عجله الترجمه العربيه

Abdelmonam Kouka abdelmonam.kouka at ubuntume.com
Wed Aug 27 09:30:32 BST 2008

2008/8/27 n.a. <nad at sirbe.com>

> > Nad,
> > I got what you mean :-)
> > I'm not sure where are you from and how would others interpret that
> > sentence but in Arabia we do have certain cultural that we share
> > regardless of religious affairs.
>
> I'm a native Arabic speaker myself.
>

> > On the other side you were talking about striping religious and local
> > cultural terms from translations and what you included in your example
> > wasn't a translate but a blog post and has nothing to do with
> > translation.
>
> My bad. But I don't see folks on any English speaking community
> (Ubuntu related)
> saying "God's willing" or referencing anything remotely religious on
> official pages,
> community boards or ubuntu hosted blogs. I'm trying not to get into
> splitting
> hair and getting out of topic since I'm sure we all understand the
> difference between
> Arabic as a language and using it for translation and 'Arabia' and its
> people, cultures,
> customs, norms, habits, religions ..etc.

We use " Arabic as a language" to translate documents (technical or others)
for a "people" not for the pleasure of translating, and as you said, people
has a cultures,  customs, norms, habits, religions ..etc.

PS: yesterday I was in discussion with some persons in another forums (
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1262404)
and there is someone who said in the beginning of his discussion "shalom"
(the Jewish hello expression) and no one said "stop don't use religious
words in a technical forums", this is a simple example that happened with me
yesterday,and there is a thousands of examples in similar cases..so I don't
know why only when MUSLIMS use religious expressions there is a problem and
when others do (and they are always doing it) there is no problem!!!

Please stop this farce!!!

> > Finally, I would like to welcome you in our mailing list and we would
> > love it if you could introduce yourself, I'm sure we can work together
> > in many areas, we have couple of westerns who speaks Arabic and they
> > are giving some serious feedback.
>
> Thank you Jad. Not much to say about myself other than I'm no
> *westerner*,
> I'm as Arab as they come and I've spoken Arabic and other languages
> since
> I can remember.
>
> Thanks again and best of luck friend,
>
> ~n
>

> On Aug 26, 2008, at 7:20 PM, Jad/Hakam madi wrote:
>
> > Nad,
> > I got what you mean :-)
> > I'm not sure where are you from and how would others interpret that
> > sentence but in Arabia we do have certain cultural that we share
> > regardless of religious affairs.
> >
> > On the other side you were talking about striping religious and local
> > cultural terms from translations and what you included in your example
> > wasn't a translate but a blog post and has nothing to do with
> > translation.
> >
> > Anyway, I do agree with you that technical translations should be away
> > from local cultural and religious terms which is the norm.
> >

> > Finally, I would like to welcome you in our mailing list and we would
> > love it if you could introduce yourself, I'm sure we can work together
> > in many areas, we have couple of westerns who speaks Arabic and they
> > are giving some serious feedback.
> >
> > Thank you
> >

> > --
> > Your Freedom is worth more than you think. Take advantage of it while
> > you can.
> >
> > http://Ubuntu.com/ Linux for Human Beings
> > http://Nashmi.org/ Ubuntu Jordan LoCo
> > Mobile: 962 77 7795404
> > Skype: jadmadi
> > 1024D/1BC049D2
> > CBBB C94C 7F28 8F65 1696 CF01 82DD 2C87 1BC0 49D2

عبد المنعم كوكة
Abdelmonam Kouka
Software Engineer
GNU/Linux user #450141
GPG Fingerprint: EC21 1E4E 5B0C E4E7 0D64 3305 0D62 75C9 2C15 16E0
"Some people see things as they are and say why.
I dream things that never were and say why not?"
[George Bernard Shaw]
http://www.ubuntume.com/
http://arabeyes.org/
http://www.ubuntu-tn.org/