My application is still Pending review

Allison Randal allison at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 2 06:44:48 UTC 2012

Yes, anyone can join the ARB contributors team and help out.

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-app-review-contributors

channel (#ubuntu-arb) and people will be happy to help you get started.

Most packages need a bit of cleanup before they're publishable, I found
it to be about 4 hours per package. So, you can see that with 3 people
on the ARB and over 200 packages in the queue (representing ~800 hours
of work), and more submissions coming in daily, they could really use
some help.

We've had a number of conversations at the Ubuntu Developer Summit this
week on improvements to the process. From the beginning, the plan was to
automate the process so apps could be published without manual review,
as long as they passed certain checks. But, the tools to do the
automated checking don't exist yet. There will be a lot of work going
into those tools in the coming months.

But, while the tools are being developed, at the moment it's still an
entirely manual process and desperately needs more humans involved.

Allison