how to submit my app to ubuntu

John Pugh john.pugh at canonical.com
Thu Jun 21 15:55:49 UTC 2012

On 06/21/2012 10:51 AM, Shubham Maheshwari wrote:
> i have submited my app to ubuntu some day ago it was free and open
> source it showed it as propriety software but it was free and open after
> 4-5 days still it was review pending then i found that the application
> needs to be on launchpad to be open source then i removed my application
> in the hope that it will always be pending review only but when i
> created a launchpad project http://www.launchpad.net/widgets/ then i
> want to submit the source code it does give an option to import from bzr
> git cvs and other what is this i want to publish my source code file i
> have not used git or other code hosting service for it this does not
> means that my project has no source code and it is profit why is app
> submitting procedure so difficult for open source for profit they even
> compile the source.

Apologies for the confusion.

There are several queues and the process takes a bit of time so please
be patient.

If your application is a paid application it will go into the
"commercial" or paid application queue (no matter what license type you
input) and will be processed in due time. We can compile it from source
if you wish for the source to be available. No need to use a PPA
although that would make the process move faster if it is already
packaged. Otherwise we will take your tarball as submitted and package
it up for you.

Please be patient, if you have questions submitting them here is
appropriate. Providing the application name helps, too.

JP