Why do gi.overrides lack methods defined in Gtk 3.0 API docs?

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:08:33 UTC 2011

Hello, everyone.

Thought I'd make use of this promising new resource, because now I could
really use some help.

It seems that gi.repository.Gtk.ListStore doesn't have a .reorder method
anymore. Looking at the actual object, it turned out to be a
gi.overrides.Gtk.ListStore object and looking at its source code
http://git.gnome.org/browse/pygobject/tree/gi/overrides/Gtk.py (line 919
and onwards), it seems to lack several methods that are defined in Gtk
3.0 docs.

So the question is, why is this so? Does an override need to be
complete, or is it supposed to only override methods that aren't
introspectable? Furthermore, does .reorder need to be overridden or does
it need to be annotated in Gtk+?

Either way, I don't think I can fix this and since I don't know where
the real problem is, I don't know what to file a bug against either.

Any GTK gurus on this list yet? :)

Jo-Erlend Schinstad