Kubuntu Flight 5
jriddell at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 15 11:33:32 GMT 2006
The slightly delayed Kubuntu Flight 5 has just arrived.
As usual these releases are tested to be reasonably free of show
stopper bugs, but are obiviously still alpha quality, so do not use
these on your production systems. You can download the Kubuntu Flight 5 CD
United Kingdom, and the rest of the world:
Our servers are currently heavily loaded with people downloading
Flight 5, please download using BitTorrent if possible, and see
http://wiki.kubuntu.org/Archive for other mirrors.
Significant changes in this release include:
* A KDE frontend to the new live CD installed Espresso. Run it with
"espresso kde-ui". It is still only lightly-tested at this stage,
do not use this on a machine where you care about the contents of
your hard disk. For more information see
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuEspresso, send feedback to the
* New artwork thanks to kwwii
* Skim is included by default for CKJ support
* A simplified package manager, Adept Installer
Other recent additions include
* A module in system settings to configure X, part of the Guidance
* A new data backup tool, Keep
Some known bugs:
* Adept Installer is not listed in the k-menu, run is as
adept_installer on the command line
* Skim starts up even for non-CKJ locales
* Some of the artwork is too small for large monitor resolutions and
the k-menu side tile is incorrect.
Bug reports should go to launchpad:
We always welcome contributors to Kubuntu, join us on the
kubuntu-devel mailing list and #kubuntu on the freenode IRC network.
More information about the ubuntu-announce