Installing Gnome

Glenn / Lenny gervin at cableone.net
Sat May 7 16:31:07 UTC 2016

Hi,
I have Ubuntu Mate installed as a dual-boot system and I would prefer Gnome, only because when I have it away from home, it is almost impossible to connect to WIFI, because one cannot access available networks, you have to enter the WIFI info by hand through network from the menus.
So I don't know if the way to do it is just:
apt-get install gnome-desktop
or if there is a better way.
I also plan on making it the default desktop, so how to do that would be helpful too.
I have used Gnome in years past, but when Mate became the default desktop, and seemed quite accessible with Orca, I went with that the past couple years, but this WIFI thing is a drag.
Thanks.

Glenn