gnome desktop in 14.04 inaccessible?

Milton milton at tomaatnet.nl
Sat Aug 23 18:21:55 UTC 2014

Hi,
I have another experience.
I did:
sudo apt-get install gnome-session-flashback
and after choose gnome flashback metacity to start up.
alt_F1 takes me to the applications menu in the top menu bar and Orca is
doing well. The only thing I met is that I cannot get with Orca to the
Indicator applet where I can shutdown the machine. I do this by pressing
the power button and then a dialog box appear to shutdown the machine.

I also did:
sudo apt-get install gnome-shell
and this is quite accessible with Orca.
Milton