(In)Accessibility of Unity in current Precise

Petra Ritter petra at access-for-all.ch
Sat Mar 10 19:55:18 UTC 2012

Hello Attila,
Am 10.03.2012 11:10, schrieb Hammer Attila:

 > It appears that with the latest update this morning menues are mostly
 > working.

I have just installed the Daily Build (in german) of Ubuntu 12.04 in
Virtualbox and I finde the  menus of the following programms still
inaccessable.

Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Thunderbird
Terminal
and the menu in the right top corner with the time and the Username on it.

If I muve down with the arrow-key in the menü orca says allways
something like Controll Menu subject not selectet.

Oddly enough Orca recognizes the sort cuts for the menu item e. g for
print it says CTRL+P or for paste it says CTRL+V.
If there a menu item has a supmenu Orca says only menu
If I go into the Supmenu Orca responds in the same way as in the menu
item without submenu

Forther I am not abel to go into the menu by pressing F10.

In Unity 2D it is worse. In Unity 2D Orca don't recognizes the menus at
all. Orca is mute in the Menu of above programms.

Orca seem to be ok with the Menu of Libreoffice.

I don't  know wether the installation in the Virtualbox is cause the
problem.

If it is helpfull I can use ubuntu 12.04 of tuday as a live-CD to to be
sure that Virtualbox don't cause the problems.

best regards

Petra Ritter

PS: Sorry Attila I didn't want to send the latest mail to you.
It should go to the list