Brainstorm.ubuntu.com inaccessible account creation process

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 6 20:09:21 UTC 2012

On 06/03/12 20:05, Christopher Chaltain wrote:
> What account creation process are you talking about? Where are you
> trying to create an account?
>
> I'm not going to say you don't have valid reasons to be disappointed,
> but I wouldn't give up hope on 12.04 altogether. We're only a week or
> two past feature freeze, and we're only on the first beta for 12.04. I
> agree it would have been better if accessibility had played a bigger
> role during the design and development phases, but there is still time
> to get bugs resolved.
yes, and these issues are being raised with the relevant developers.

> I'm also not sure about the relationship between Gnome and Unity, but I
> thought 12.04 would be shipping with Unity and not Gnome 3.

Unity is a shell for Gnome, but it is not Gnome-Shell. Unity will be
shipping with most of the stuff that is considered the Gnome 3 desktop,
but there will be some bits and pieces that are Gnome 2 I believe. The
Gnome desktop is a heap of applications from the Gnome project,
including stuff like Gedit, Orca etc. One application in the full Gnome
3 desktop is Gnome-Shell. That isn't being shipped by default but that
application can be installed.

Alan.

--
The Open Learning Centre is rebranding, find out about our new name and look at http://libertus.co.uk