No sound in 12.04 Beta

Petra Ritter petra at access-for-all.ch
Sun Mar 4 08:05:21 UTC 2012

Hello Chris,

Am 03.03.2012 18:19, schrieb chris hallsworth:
> Hello all.
> I wish to report the lack of sound in Ubuntu 12.04 Beta. I installed it
> via Wubi last night our time. Everything seems to work except the sound.
> For a blind person who relies on the use of Orca, I feel this should be
> addressed as a matter of urgency. Previous versions of Ubuntu I could
> get sound. My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5735 and the sound chip is the
> Intel HD Audio onboard, sometimes called High Definition Audio.

I have Ubuntu 12.04 Beta installed in Virtualbox 4.1.8. The sound Chip
iis an ICH AC97 witch is baypassed from me Windows 7 Host-System.

I had no problem with the sound hawever I have got a notebook Acer
Aspiere 7750Z, too. I will tray the Beta Version as a live-CD on this
system. Maybe it depents on the sound chip wether the problem occurs.

Petra