No sound in 12.04 Beta

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 18:52:19 UTC 2012

When you say you had sound with previous versions of Ubuntu, were you
talking about this same laptop? If this is the first time you've
installed Ubuntu on this lapttop, do you know if the lapttop and the
sound chip are supported by Ubuntu?

What previous versions of Ubuntu are you talking about, 11.10, 11.04,
12.04 Alpha 1, ...?

When you say you have no sound, could it be that the sound is muted or
the volume is turned down low? Have you tried using your systems media
buttons to raise or unmute the volume?

BTW, I've opened a bug for the situation where the volume is turned down
so low that you can't hear it when booting the live CD or the first
reboot after an install. That bug is:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/927459

--
Christopher (CJ)