disk partitioning- free space

Lenny gErvin at cableone.net
Sat Jan 28 17:27:54 UTC 2012

Hi,
I have an Asus 901, and there are two partitions and some free space.
I'm pretty sure that the two partitions are two separate SSD drives.
One is a 4GB and the other is an 8GB.
There are a lot of errors, and I don't know if I can repair them, or if I
need to order a new SSD and replace it.
I am about to install Ubuntu on the 4GB partition, which is /dev/sda.
Windows installer said that the partitions have too many errors to install
windows.
But there is 69MB of free space that I would like to reclaim, I think it it
is part of /dev/sdb.  I only noticed it in the Ubuntu installer, and I could
not figure out how to remove it or increase the size of /dev/sdb to use all
of it.
What would be the best commands in parted to accomplish this?
Thanks.

Glenn