HUD in 12.04?

Dave Hunt ka1cey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 21:24:40 UTC 2012

I'm more curious than worried; just wanted to  pass this along.  Thanks
for your thoughts on how it may work.  One can already search for parts
of the gnome-control-center app from Unity and the Gnome shell; not sure
about other apps.  For instance, if you search for "keyboard", in the
Gnome shell or Unity, you'll get the "keyboard" page, from the control
center, as a search result.  Pretty cool, actually, if you don't know
what the app is called, or where it is.  So, if the HUD is just taking
this kind of search ability further, that's interesting.  Now, if we
could make something analogus to the "speakable items" in OSX, That
would be great.

Cheers,

Dave  Hunt

I tweet as wx1gdave