discovered that calc is not as good with orca during data entry

krishnakant Mane krmane at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 13:55:02 UTC 2012

hello all,
I just tryed using calc for some important work and I was a bit disappointed.
firstly i pressed capslok + r for setting the row header.
But that feature does not work like it used to in older versions.
Note that for a blind person this is really crutial because 20 or 30
rows down the line, I aught to remember in which column I am typing.
Hereing "name b50, address c50 ... " is really necessary as there is
no time to always go up the rows and read the headers.
Secondly, when I type in cells the experience is really bad to say the least.
type in a cell and try moving to the next one, coordinates are not
read properly.
This also happens when you move out of the merge area.
Further more the command capslok + a does not read the content of the cell.
Can some one take serious note of this?
It might be an orca problem which won't worry me, since we all know
the credibility and sincearity of people like Joanie.
But if this is a calc issue, I don't know how long it will take to fix.
Happy hacking.
krishnakant.